Home » Discussion Boards

Discussion Boards

Discussion Board #1
2 Truths and 1 Lie

Hello guys!

My name is Araf Ani.

For the 2 truths and 1 lie assignment, I used the 3 follow statements.

1. I am a US born citizen

2. I am a sophomore at CCNY.

3. I have 1 sibling.

The first statement for me is a lie. I am a US immigrant, who moved here around 16 years ago, when I was two years old. The second statement then is true, I am currently a sophomore at CCNY. Finally, yes I have 1 older sister who graduated from CCNY; so that last statement is true.

Discussion Board #2
Cheap, Fast, or Good

For this assignment we are working on a project given to us, and it was given to us in 24 hours. 24 hours is nothing. 24 hours is barely anytime to do anything. I am going to preface this by saying that my first choice will always be fast. If I am given 24 hours to get a job done with my team, I will complete it in 24 hours. How much the costumer pays is equal how much hassle they have caused me and my team. So any option without fast is automatically off the table.

Next, between good and cheap. This is one is actually up in the air. I would ask my customer first what their budget is. If they can afford, I will go with a good quality item in a short amount of time. My team and I will try to do our best work with the little 24 hours that we have. If they can’t afford it, I will go with the cheap option. If I was given more time, even the cheap object could have a good quality object come out. So for whether I go good or cheap? Its up to our customer’s budget. I don’t want anyone to go into debt for one of our products, or lose a paycheck because of one of our products, that’s why it is optional whether to get the good job done in a short amount of time.

Now to continue, if I was writing a research paper for someone, I would make sure that it has accuracy and clarity. This is because if the report I made on an experiment is accurate, people can redo my experiment in the future to see if my results actually make sense. Also, if my report is very clear to read, then no one will be isolated by long words or very hard to read text when deciphering my work. I want everyone to get a basic gist of my work if they ever pick up anything related to me.

Discussion Board #3

What is RAM?

The RAM of a computer would be the “random access memory of a computer”. Random access memory is where your computer keeps the apps you are currently running, your operating system, and data currently being used. It does this so that it can easily and quickly access that portion of the memory. If your ram is filled up with information, it will start to write over old data in the memory with new data. This is will cause your computer to slow down. The memory in the RAM is not permeant, if you turn off your computer, your RAM will empty itself. Your RAM does not save anything. The reason you have RAM is because it is faster than always opening up the main storage. Think of RAM as your short term memory. Its purpose is to deal with the “now”, it deals with the task at hand and does it in the most quick and efficient way. However, due to this fact, it can only store a small amount of information and it has to overwrite old information. Think of the hard disk as your long term memory. You can remember a lot of information and basically have infinite space. The hard disk is like that. With this information in mind, you can see that having more RAM in a computer makes it so you have more space to run more apps without overwriting data. Thus, your computer should overall be faster and more smooth when running. One side note, the RAM gets information from the storage. That is just a small detail.

Discussion Board #4

Michael J. Fox Foundation Analysis

After looking over the Michael J. Fox Foundation, it seems to be a donation site for Parkinson’s disease. The audience for the site is anyone looking for more information of Parkinson’s disease and anyone who wants to help a good cause. The main purpose of this site is for people to donate to help with research of Parkinson’s disease. I believe the design of the website is very nice and colorful. It talks about how “you” the reader can help. Which helps the reader get more emotionally involved with the message of the website, which is to help fund people who research on cures or medicines for Parkinson disease.

Discussion Board #5

Tech Companies (Araf Ani)

I chose 3 of the most popular tech companies in today’s age. I chose the apple website, the Samsung website, and the Microsoft website. I assume everyone knows who these three giant tech companies are. For the quality of writing of each website, I think all 3 websites do a good job grabing the visitor’s attention. I feel like Microsoft has the best layout and design, while I feel Samsung has the worst. All 3 sites are good, however Microsoft is the best. All three companies sell a variety of items, however I feel that the navigation for the Microsoft website is the best. Microsoft mostly focuses on computers, thus they have many different  types of computers and builds on the very front page. I feel the iPhone is taking up too much space on the Apple website. It takes up more than half of the page, I feel like they could use that space better. The Samsung page is just very bland to me, its my own personal opinion, it just has too much stuff on it. The Samsung page is by far the largest and I can feel like some people might have sensory overload. Navigation goes to apple, the menu at the top of the apple page has everything. The menu on the Microsoft page is very vague, and it just leads to more menus. The menu on the Samsung page is alright, it has everything neatly organized. I feel that the accommodations on the apple page are the best for anyone with any disability. The apple page is not too bright and its very slick. It does not over flow the reader with information, I feel Microsoft might be the worst for accommodations. Unless you know what you want, you will be looking in menus for a while. The navigation on Microsoft is good, like I said earlier, however if you don’t know what you are looking for or how to use the navigation properly, it will be of no help to you.

Apple: https://www.apple.com/?afid=p238%7CseIEs444j-dc_mtid_1870765e38482_pcrid_621776207488_pgrid_13945964887_pntwk_g_pchan__pexid__&cid=aos-us-kwgo-brand-apple–slid—product-

Samsung: https://www.samsung.com/us/

Microsoft: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/