Home » Letter of Introduction

Letter of Introduction

Araf Ani

City College of New York

160 Convent Ave, New York, NY 10031

09/14/22

Prof. Pamela Stemberg

City College of New York

160 Convent Ave, New York, NY 10031

Dear Professor Stemberg,

I guess I should start by introducing myself. My name is Araf Ani and I was born in Bangladesh in 2003. I immigrated to America when I was about 2 years old, 2005. I have been in America for the past 16 years and I have loved it here. My educational career is very barebones if I am to be honest. I went to a public school as a child and as a preteen. For my high school, I went to Aviation High School. I was going there to get a license; this license would allow me to work on and fix airplanes. This however was stopped, because of COVID during my junior and senior year, I couldn’t do my hands on work to get my license. Thus, I graduated without getting my license. I was planning to work at the airport while I went to college, but that plan was ruined. My major in college right now is computer engineering. I always wanted to go down the computer engineering or computer science path. It was have just been nice to have those airplane mechanic license, so that I could have a good income coming in. I have a job at the New York Public Library, so we are still good. I have a stable income for college and thus I lighten the load on my parents. We were never very wealthy and have had money problems. With my job, I can afford to pay off whatever my financial aid does not cover. Regardless of working at the library or working at the airport, I am glad about my current job situation. Life finds a way, huh?

My goals for the future are to finish my degree in computer engineering. I love my field, and I hope to work in it for the rest of my life. After I graduate, I would like to work at an IT company. That’s about it, working and supporting my parents is all I really want. My parents sacrificed so much for me and my education, I would like to support them for the rest of their lives. Some challenges I would like to tackle is designing computers, I would like to make even stronger computers, as that would be my expertise. I am going to be an engineer after all. I don’t really any other big challenges that I want address. I am not a software guy, so I won’t be working with online security. Overall, I just want a nice quiet life, living with my parents and building/fixing computers. I might go to graduate school but that’s if I can afford it. Sadly, that’s not something I can look forward to, graduate school is way above my pay grade. Thank you for reading my letter professor. I am sorry if I am very boring, my life hasn’t really been that interesting.

Sincerely,

Araf Ani